Friday, March 10, 2017

SHEEP - PINK FLOYD - Shhh..Sleep

First, press play... Then read on...






In the still of dark, cold nights I could hear music playing through the thin walls between our bedrooms.

My brother would buy music albums whenever he saved up enough money.
He played them at night, to help calm demons in his head. He didn't know it also helped to calm the demons in my head too.

When it was quiet enough to hear the music, that meant that the beast that terrorized our household was asleep.
We could rest.

Listening to the soothing melodies of Pink Floyd helped to tame the rage so I could sleep.

I can hear "Sheep" and all is well, even if just for now...





"God, will you be with me while I sleep tonight? Will I be able to make it through another day?"
He answers my prayers, "Shhhh...Sleep now my child!"

No comments:

Post a Comment